This Summer Academy is an initiative taken by a group of international universities for strengthening Doctoral Researchers’ scientific work towards the competition of their PhD or DBA degrees. EDSA as a platform is suitable for all doctoral researchers (PhD and DBA students), as well as those who are planning to start their Post Graduate studies. It is also suitable for Deans and head of research departments as well as PhD/ DBA directors.
EDSA focuses on reviewing works of candidates by the Guest Supervisors’ as external academic consultants, while providing training, including:
- Surviving the PhD process& planning.
- Conceptual model and consistency of the research proposal.
- What is theScientific Method?
- Qualitative, Quantitative or Mixed Method?
- Triangulation of different sets of data.
Critical Academic writing:
- How to tighten a text.
The philosophical Method:
- When and why to use it?
- Using phenomenology as an approach.
- Literature reviewing.
- Publishing in high ranked journals;
- avoiding pitfalls.
- Writing the final chapter.
- Preparing and going through a Viva Voce (Viva).